hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Steampunk Balloons or Montgolfières!

Hello Dear Stamper Friends:
Today I would like to share these 2 cards that I made using the same "Lost Coast Designs" stamp but but with two different looks......



I am in their design team and If, you do not know this company... here it is a little bit of info...

I first encounter them at my very first rubber stamp convention, in 2008...
and When I saw their designs I thought that they were very "artistic" and "unusual".
They describe themselves as a "sophisticated, vintage, collage, shrine, angel rubber stamp" company!...
All their stamps come in red rubber: in wood, cling or unmounted.
You can only get them through their online store or if you are lucky,  see them in person around the country when they travel to rubber stamp conventions that they attend...and maybe, now,  you can recognize one or two of my cards when they travel to one of this conventions...:)

I really encourage you to have a pick at their online catalogue, they have real "different" rubber stamps... so check them out...

This first card was stamped on glossy paper to achieve this look, difficult to catch on the photo, but it looks like "suede". Sponged with inks: "Walnut Stain" the base and then all the stamps were inked with various colors of Archival inks, (pink, green, orange) that only work on Glossy paper, a technique that I leanrt from Tim Holtz (of course!)...the effect is quite nice...


The balloons/Montgolfières, (as they are also known), are so "French" !! This image is a vintage reproduction!...
The stamp on the corner in pink ink is a somewhat reproduction of the ID card for French citizens...that is how they used to look, more or less!

Below it is a little historic note!



CURIOUS NOTE: did you know that the "Montgolfière - style/hot air balloon" was invented by 2 French Brothers "The Montgolfière's", back in the 18th century? This stamp here (only the balloon)  is the "exact" reproduction of that first model that the brothers flew at "Versailles" in front of the King Louis the XVI and Marie Antoinette!!! and since then the hot air balloons are also know as "Montgolfières" in honor of their inventors!

In this second card, The sentiment/banner is so appropriate..it is as well a "reproduction" of what you might find in the "old" prints on the back of the French/Canadian old postcards...


The background was first sponged with inks, (all the distress; "peacock", and "lawn") then dry embossed (embossing folder from Tim Holtz) , add gold embossing powder and last sponged more on the top with black ink ...all these steps to create this "patina" look!
and I did the contour with a "Krylon"  gold leaf pen!


If you are into French stuff, into vintage and old reproductions these stamps are for you then...I really like them and that is why I use them...they "mean" something to me, specially, teaching French and  living so many years over there ... I have always said that my "soul" belongs  to France!
and anyways I found them pretty and this particular one is perfect for cards for men!

In another matter... I hope you read my post about "Bloglovin"  ..if you did not see it and want to know more...just scroll down a few posts... 
Remember, if you would like to read my blog in a friendlier version and follow my blog just click below...

Follow on Bloglovin


Ok hope you have a lovely day and keep on stamping! bye

SUPPLIES:
Stamps used: Steampunk balloon guys , travel stuff set (for the ID stamp), Pencils background, Concentric cicles; Carte postale



7 comments:

  1. Oh man 2 outstanding cards,they are both soooo gorgeous how you created them, you are a MASTER card maker, fantastic post with all that info, I loved it, thanks for sharing everything you're a Doll, have a wonderful week..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are great but I like the 2nd one more than the first. Anyways congratulations for a stamp well done.

    -Vintage-

    ReplyDelete
  3. These stamps are very cool and how you've worked them in your gorgeous designs is fantastic.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great steam punk cards love the black die frame around your first card....you've certainly done this stamp credit...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bibiana,
    wonderful pair of cards. Love all the wonderful work you have put into these creations. Super stamps as you say.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. de très belles cartes sur ton blog !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bibiana, two fabulous cards. Love the steampunk look and you've pulled it off perfectly with both projects. Thanks for all the fab details. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana